Mafia Playground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xmen Mafia Game Thread

+7
Jackofhearts
HavokAndChaos
Nebuchadnezer
scanzi720
SilverSurfer
warstar011
mechdestroyer
11 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Xmen Mafia Game Thread Empty Xmen Mafia Game Thread

Post  mechdestroyer Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:21 am

Alive:
nirvana829
SilverSurfer
Scanzi720
nicevoicelady
beckee89
stlshawgo
JackofHearts

Dead:
Nebuchadnezer
HavokAndChaos
warstar011
tigobitties (replaced Papa892007)
Smaug317

READ THIS FIRST

There's quite a few rules I want to go over. Be sure and read through ALL the rules.

1) Newbies, please check out the Mafia FAQ: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221058
More in depth information and rules can be found here: http://www.mafiascum.net/
This game will be more complicated than what's described there, as probably everyone has some sort of 'special thing' about them. Doesn't mean everyone has a night power, but you never know...

2) When you vote, please do so by saying Vote: [Player] in bold. If you wish to change your vote, please say Change Vote: [Player] instead. Voting for 'Nobody' is a valid vote; if a majority votes for 'nobody' then nobody will be lynched and we'll move on to the Night phase.

3) If your role says you -may- or -can- PM me a target, you don't have to do anything at night. Even so, it'll speed things along quite a bit if you'd still just send me a PM saying "Not using my [whatever] power tonight, thanks."

4) Have fun.

5) You may NOT send a PM to anyone about this game unless your role explicitly says you can. This is cheating, and can get you mod-killed.

6) Do NOT edit your posts in this thread. This is cheating, and can get you mod-killed.

7) Please do not copy-and-paste anything from any PM I send you to the thread. This is also cheating and can get you mod-killed. You can parahprase information in your own words.

Cool Please do not post in this thread after you are killed. This, too, is cheating and can ruin the game if done wrong.

9) Remember, it's just a game. You will get paranoid, you will be stabbed in the back by someone, you will see somebody do or say something stupid and want to smack them. Just breathe deep and relax. If things get out of hand, you have a mod around who will forcibly remind

Newbie Guide
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide

Frequently asked questions
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=FAQ

alright sry if I did not make this clear but you vote in the game thread during the day and all talking is done in the game thread during the day and that includes voting.

then at night you are not able to post but only able to send me your power in a private message

and you send your power to me in a private message once the night has started.

Last edited by mechdestroyer on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:14 pm; edited 7 times in total

mechdestroyer
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/danielsonmisunderstood

Back to top Go down

Xmen Mafia Game Thread Empty Re: Xmen Mafia Game Thread

Post  mechdestroyer Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:27 am

Night 0

A blue ball appears over Muir Island. Moria Mactaggert's sensors find a man standing in the middle of the blue ball. "What is going on? I better call Charles and his X-men quick".

In the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning, a phone rings. Proffesor X answers the call from Moria and immediately summons the Xmen. After the Xmen have gathered with Professor X, he explains the situation. "There is some sort of anomoly happening on Muir Island and Moria has asked us to investigate. We must head there immediately"

The Blackbird makes a soft landing on Muir Island and the Xmen come rushing out. Moria is waiting for them. "There is a blue ball of energy that appeared here about 2 hours ago. You can see the figure of man standing inside" Moria tells the Xmen. Professor X says, "Alright Xmen lets go investigate this anomoly, Hank set up your equipment as near as you think is safe. Moria go back inside till we know it is safe." Moria concedes to Charles requests and heads inside, but just as the door closes she hears a loud explosion from out side, and rushes back to where the Xmen are now laying on the ground. There is a new figure standing where the ball of energy was,she hears him scream," Well? What are you waiting for? Do it. DO IT!" before collapsing to the ground.

Elsewhere in the world. "My readings are picking up a anamoly on the island of Muir. It seems to be extra-Dimensional. I must investigate this further."

On an asteroid in Outer Space, "Master, we have picked up a strong signal of energy coming from Muir Island." "What are those Xmen up to now?, We shall find out soon enough, come we will find out." As the space ship is nearing Muir Island the occupants see what looks like to be a large explosion. "Drop us of next to their ship, we will see what is happening." As the figures float down from the space ship, they see a women come out and find the Xmen laying unconcious, and run up to a man slumped in a chair. "Charles! Charles!" Moria screams.

Charles awakens in a groggy state, and wonders who these people standing in front of him are. "Charles are you alright!" "I think I am fine, but who are you all?" With that Charles Xavier passes out again. Moria wonders what Charles mean by the words you all, when she feels a prick in the back of her neck and hears the words "Goodbye Moria" wispered in her ears.

mechdestroyer has died. He was Moria Mactaggert.

Night 0 has ended
Day 1 has begun,

10 people alive
nirvana829
HavokAndChaos
SilverSurfer
Scanzi720
Nebuchadnezer
nicevoicelady
warstar011
Papa892007
beckee89
Smaug317

With 10 people left in the game 6 is a majority needed for a lynch

Day 1 will end in 36 hours starting on 12 am oct 10th ( so saturday at noon)

Everybody please post at least once and if you have questions feel free to contact me. Do not under any circumstances talk to another person about this game who is playing. This is cheating.

Last edited by mechdestroyer on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:17 am; edited 2 times in total

mechdestroyer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  warstar011 Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:17 am

If there's two of them, I quit.
warstar011
warstar011

Back to top Go down

Post  mechdestroyer Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:03 am

lol what!?

mechdestroyer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SilverSurfer Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:43 pm

This game should be very interesting.

SilverSurfer

Back to top Go down

Post  scanzi720 Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:45 pm

yeah thats if everyone can play it correctly

scanzi720

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebuchadnezer Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:51 am

Okay. Neb here, checking in. Saturday noon, and we only have 3 players posting...not good town. The best way to root out the bad guys is to get some discussion going. The more talking we do, the more information we have to look at, and the better our chance of finding where the mafia (space people??) slip up. So let's talk!

Those who don't post, are either suspicious for keeping in the background so as not to make any slip ups in their posts, or they are useless townies (X-men) who don't really offer anything to the rest of us townies. One strategy is to vote a lynch on those who don't post, and either force them to speak up, or get rid of someone who isn't participating anyway.

I think there are two mafia (spacemen??), and 8 townies (X-Men). So, let's get hunting.Smile

Nebuchadnezer

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebuchadnezer Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:57 am

Hm...I reread the rules and intro...Mech doesn't actually say how many mafia there are. I guess I shouldn't assume there are only 2. Although, 2 mafia seems about right...maybe 3. Oi.

Nebuchadnezer

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebuchadnezer Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:51 am

Nobody? Too busy partying for the Badger game? :-P

Nebuchadnezer

Back to top Go down

Post  mechdestroyer Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:10 am

Badger Game!? who??? lol well some were partying others i will have to crack the whip to get playing, or eventually suffer a humiliating death at the hands of Bearman. My made up character. I also think that most mafia games start with the night since nobody has any information on the first day. So i guess i will have to move it to the night phase soon and get everyone to post, lol i know at least 2 people are out of town this weekend at least one with no internet access.

mechdestroyer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HavokAndChaos Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:19 pm

Present, Danny you should let people know when the phases begin and end outside the game. I didn't even know the game started untill I saw you posted that on someone's facebook wall.

HavokAndChaos

Back to top Go down

Post  mechdestroyer Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:15 pm

Ok brian i will do that from now on. easy too with all the low # of people.

Day 1 has ended. There was no lynch today

Night 1 has begun.

Everyone send me a private message with their actions for the night everyone has 36 hours to send me their actions, or whenever i get them all.

Do not post on this thread or you will be killed, at night you cannot talk on the thread, or at all unless you have been otherwised told you can.

mechdestroyer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mechdestroyer Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:25 am

A man walks around trying to figure out what is going on and who all of the people are around him. He sniffs the brisk salty wind coming off of the sea. He then catches a wiff of a man coming up behind him. As he turns around to face the person, a generator torn from the top of the facility crashes into the man crushing him into the earth. This new figure turns to walk away and says, "I would have thought that he would have put up more of a fight."

The man just smacked by the generator then gets up, cracks his neck, "I do not know who you are, but your going to pay for that, bub. " Claws then shoot out of his hands and he runs and jumps at his attacker. He thrusts his claws forward right for his attackers chest... and freezes in midair. Still hanging in the air, his attacker walks up to the man, "What a fool you are to rush at the Master of Magnetism, your entire body is mine to command. You may heal quickly but I doubt you will heal from this." Then with a swish of his hand, the man's attacker rips the man's body into two. The man then drops down to the ground a few feet from where his legs now lie. A piece of metal from the now smashed generator flies into the air and impales the man lying on the ground pinning him to the ground. The man then passes out from the pain.

The sun's first rays rise over the horizon warming the face of the man torn into two the night before. He is now lying next to the bloody metal spike, exhausted from the healing, wondering if he will be able to survive such an encounter again.

Night 1 has ended
Day 2 has begun

With 10 people left 6 is a majority to lynch

Day 2 will end in 24 hours or when a majority has been reached.

mechdestroyer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  warstar011 Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:16 am

does anyone have anything interesting to say after the night phase?
warstar011
warstar011

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebuchadnezer Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:46 am

I do...WTF? I'm not sure what happened...did the mafia target someone, and that person got saved...somehow? Either way, I don't think anyone died. Beyond that, it's hard to gather any information until people start posting more.

The mafia are at least active enough to be reading the posts. Whether or not they are posting is another question. Part of me says that if a person is mafia, he/she would be interested in this game and more likely to post...at least a one line post.

Nebuchadnezer

Back to top Go down

Post  HavokAndChaos Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:30 pm

To me it looks like Magneto attacked Wolverine and Wolverine survived because of his healing factor (maybe he is immune to night kills?) Other than that I got nothing hopefully in the Future I will be a bit more productive. We should probably wait to see if a cop found anyone and, if no cop comes forward with anything we might want to pressure someone who has yet to talk.

HavokAndChaos

Back to top Go down

Post  SilverSurfer Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:41 pm

Well I thought the same thing that maybe the mafia tried to kill him but his power may have saved him. But if he does have an ability hopefully he can use it again otherwise the mafia might try to kill him once more. Isn't there suppose to be a doctor or something in this game?? Or something like that.

SilverSurfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebuchadnezer Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:52 pm

I was thinking doctor too...but Mech made no reference to anyone else in the scene, so maybe there is some other power that is available to Wolverine...which almost makes him invincible, except to a lynch, right? Good news for the town! Now, let's not lynch Wolverine!

Which brings me to a question...do we want Wolverine to step forward and identify himself? If he can't be night-killed, he would be a strong ally to know. On the other hand, would Mech make a player that can't be killed? I think maybe there is someone with a power to negate someone's special ability...just thinking out loud.

Nebuchadnezer

Back to top Go down

Post  mechdestroyer Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:57 pm

With 12 hours left

Lynch vote: NONE.

mechdestroyer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebuchadnezer Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:36 pm

Mech, is there any way to know what special powers are in play? Or are we left to figure that out for ourselves?

Nebuchadnezer

Back to top Go down

Post  mechdestroyer Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:32 pm

You would have to figure that out for yourselves.

mechdestroyer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  scanzi720 Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:31 pm

dont know bout everyone else but personally i dont think that we have enought information to start lynching people and risking getting rid of potential allies that we may need later in the game.

scanzi720

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebuchadnezer Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:44 pm

I'm with Scanzi on this one...the problem is, the more nightkills we give the mafia, the easier it will be for them to pick us off. People need to post more! Heck, not everyone has even checked in yet...it's frustrating.

Nebuchadnezer

Back to top Go down

Post  SilverSurfer Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:26 pm

Okay we definitely have to do something because obviously someone almost got killed last night and one of us could be next. So we have to vote for someone. Since some ppl are not here playing. Lets play it safe and just vote the people off that are not playing that way we can narrow down who the mafia is. It is very risky but if we don't do something then we will loose the game and that would suck. So I'm going to go look at the list and vote for someone who hasn't posted yet. Then vote for them. We got lucky last night but luck isn't on our side when we are playing in the dark.

SilverSurfer

Back to top Go down

Post  scanzi720 Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:32 pm

i agree with silver so my vote is for
nicevoicelady

Last edited by scanzi720 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

scanzi720

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content